Thursday, August 8, 2013

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

I love face masks.  With the damage I receive from having my face poked and prodded all day, I really need a nice skin care routine at night to undo the hurt.  I bought this mask first because its about as basic original as you can get with masks.  At only a few dollars, this is available to about everyone.  It has a soothing scent that is not overpowering.  It claims to rid the face of acne and blackheads as well as shrink pores.  I do not have problems with acne, so I cannot address that, but immediately after rinsing off the mask, my pores do seem smaller.  HOWEVER, within a day, they were back to their enlarged state.  Now, that could easily be the hot, humid weather.  You get a nice amount in the package, you won't need to be replacing this very soon.  Be careful to not apply too much, it is easy to overdo, and then you will be stuck waiting 45 minutes for the mask to dry.

drugstores and Amazon.com at $3-5 

texture          8   (very smooth and soothing)
hold              7   (does't melt or slide off face)
application    5   (I wish it were a peel off- stains washcloths)
buildability   n/a
overall         7                                
total           27/40                            this is a good basic mask; not too intense but you can feel a                                                              tightening and brightening of the skin.  If you aren't sure which                                                        mask to go with, this would be a good starting point.


No comments:

Post a Comment