Saturday, August 10, 2013

Makeup Forever Smokey Lash

If you want a natural lash, don't bother with this mascara.  As the name claims, this is perfect for a smokey, night eye.  Where this mascara doesn't clump, it does leave lashes thick and full, as well as long and curled.  I always use a lash curler with this mascara to give an even fuller effect, but it is definitely not necessary.  While this mascara doesn't have a drugstore price-tag, the quality has convinced me to repurchase this mascara again and again.  This comes in many colors, including the more interesting blue, green, and purple, but I am tried and true to my rich black.

$23 at Sephora or Makeup Forever stores and online

texture           8    (works well new or slightly dried out)
hold               7   (never had a problem, wears around 12 hours without flaking)
application      7    (brush isn't too large, can still easily get bottom lashes)
buildability     8   (will not clump until the third coat; trust me, you don't need a third coat)
overall           8                  
total             38/50                For its purpose, I really love this mascara.  I have given it as gifts and                                                heard nothing but good things from others as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment