Sunday, July 21, 2013

Tokyo Beauty Haul #1


  I am in Tokyo for the next couple weeks, and one of the most exciting aspects to me is their beauty scene.  Tokyo is filled with interesting beauty fads from skin whiteners to eyelid glue to eyebrow serum. I will be doing research before my next shopping trip to know exactly what I am going for, but I thought it would be fun to do a blind test first.  Here's what I came out with:

Collagen essence-  This simple liquid is supposed tp work wonders on dry or aged skin.  I went for the cheapest option, 105 yen, or about a $1

Snake Venom Mask- I have no idea what snake venom is supposed to do for the skin, though it also contains collagen, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin E, so I would think it will be nice.  I got a few to give to friends, but I'll keep one for review! 260 yen= $2.60
Aloe Moisture Lotion-  One thing that I knew from the start that I wanted to pick up was clear liquid lotion.  Every Japanese makeup artist that I have worked with uses this, but only the Japanese.  I love how this feels, and there is no oily residue so it is absolutely perfect under makeup.  I again, went for the cheapest option before research. 260 yen=$2.60

Royal Jelly Lotion- I don't know anything about this, but the clear jelly attracted me.  450 yen= $4.50

Organice Rose Moisture Cream-  This lightly scented cream left my hand the most moisturized in the shop, and was only 578 yen= $5.80

Canmake Whip Mousse Lip-  I could not not buy this.  This is a richly pigmented lipgloss? lipstain? lipstick? I don't know, but its mine to play with now.

Majolica Majorca Lash Jelly Drops- I think this is a kind of lash primer.  From my understanding, the Japanese are very obsessive over eyes, often wearing fake eyelashes.  So I had to assume this product would be effective.

Majolica Majorca Lash King Mascara-  This brand has several mascaras, but I would think "Lash King" would be their most amazing!


After some online research, all of these products are available online on either Amazon or Ebay, and can be found in select US stores.  Let me know if you would like to see any specific reviews!




No comments:

Post a Comment